Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - March 13th - A Speck, 3 Slots & Some Rats
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
March 13th - A Speck, 3 Slots & Some Rats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: March 13th - A Speck, 3 Slots & Some Rats Reply with quote

Ted, his brother-in-law Alan and his son Cameron hit the water with me around 2 PM to try to catch the afternoon feed. We only saw 2 other boats which was probably because of the 20+ mph SE wind. The bay was pretty chopped up and we were limited to just a couple of small areas.

Our first stop produced one 21 inch redfish and 10 or so rat reds up to about 18 inches. The wind got too strong to stay in that area so we headed down the shoreline to one of the few other spots that was semi-protected. Alan popped two reds (25 & 28 inches) there, but that was it. The wind acted like it was trying to die down a little so I headed back to the first area around 5:30. We stayed there until dark, but the bite never really turned on like we were hoping it would. Alan caught a 19 inch trout and some more throwback reds while Ted, Cameron and I caught and lost undersized reds and flounder. We also hooked and lost a trout or two and one big red before heading to the ramp.

All of our fish were caught in 3 to 4 feet of water over scattered shell while throwing Limetreuse Salt Water Assassins. Ted and his guys are always a real hoot to fish with. I just wish the bite would have been better, but in all honesty we were doing good to catch anything in those conditions.

Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: