Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - March 25th - A Few of Each!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
March 25th - A Few of Each!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: March 25th - A Few of Each! Reply with quote

Marc wanted to learn of few areas in West Galveston Bay that he could take his small boat to and catch a few trout and reds. He brought along his dad, Roger, who was in from Michigan and their friend Mel. We headed east early with intentions of putting some fish in the box first since it has been more productive than west. I wouldn't say that that plan was all that productive as we fished several different areas for only one keeper flounder and a couple of throwback trout, reds and flounder. Mel did lose one decent trout when it came to the surface and I had several decent blow-ups on topwater. The fish were definitely there, but just weren't feeding good. Around 1 PM I ran all the way back to West Bay to show Marc some stuff that would hopefully help him on future trips. We hit 4 or 5 spots and picked up 2 trout, 2 nice redfish and 4 more undersized trout before calling it quits around 4:30. Congrats to Mel for catching his personal best redfish (25.5 inches) and to Roger for catching his first keeper red ever. It was fun watching Roger fight his red on his custom made 9 weight, 9 foot long fly / spinning rod.

The tides were kind of messed up today with an early morning low and then the high tide peaking out during the mid-afternoon. The winds were manageable for the first couple of hours but then started cranking out of the south by mid-morning. I really didn't see a lot of bait activity other than at our first stop of the morning. The water temperature was 72 degrees in most areas we fished.

Any Day Now,
Capt. Steve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: