Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - April 1st - Quick Early Bite!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
April 1st - Quick Early Bite!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: April 1st - Quick Early Bite! Reply with quote

Shane, Mike and Joey got started with me around 7 AM with slicks and active mullet all around. I popped a 22 inch trout on a pink Skitterwalk on about my 5th or 6th cast. We all grinded the area hard after that with only a few swirls. I switched to a Corky Devil and caught a very fat 24 inch trout on my second cast. Without making another cast I went back to the boat to grab some more Corkies so I could get the guys re-rigged. By the time I got everyone re-tied with Corkies the bait was going sub-surface and the minor feed was almost over. Joey did catch a 21 inch trout on his second cast and Mike caught a throwback redfish, but for all intents and purposes the bite was over. We grinded the area for another hour or so until the wind was howling pretty good out of the southwest and forced us to move. We hit 2 or 3 other areas while only picking up a 21 inch red and another undersized red before heading in around 3:30.

The wind really limited us today, but at least Joey got his first ever keeper redfish and we caught a few really nice trout. Once the wind settles back down our trips will be much more productive here on Galveston Bay.

Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: