Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - April 2nd & 3rd - Overweight Reds & Bobcats!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
April 2nd & 3rd - Overweight Reds & Bobcats!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: April 2nd & 3rd - Overweight Reds & Bobcats! Reply with quote

April 2nd - Not Too Shabby for early April
Chris and Brian waded and drifted with me to catch 6 trout to 22 inches, 6 reds to 32 inches (3 retained) and 2 solid flounder. The highlight of the day was when we got into a big school of VERY FAT redfish. I never would have believed it if I hadn't seen it with my own eyes. Most of the reds were oversized and released, but the two that were in the slot were 26.5 inches and 28 inches weighing 8.5 and 10.25 pounds respectively.

All of our fish were caught on 10W40 Sea Shad Saltwater Assassins and Corkies over scattered shell. There weren't very many visible signs such as bait or slicks, but there was enough to point us in the right direction. Our best tides are at night right now so most of these fish are full by the time the sun rises. I think we'll see that feeding pattern change somewhat by later this week. Most of the fish we've been catching are feeding primarily on small shad.

April 3rd - SE Winds 20 - 25 mph
David Couch and his business partner Dave were in town to give it a shot in sub-par conditions. We fished several different protected areas that have actually been holding a few fish, but the bite just wasn't happening. We caught 8 or 9 redfish with only two keepers and 3 flounder with two of them being keepers. All of our fish came on 10W40 and Morning Glory Sea Shad Assassins while wading thick shell. One cool thing that happened while we were wading tight to a shoreline was a medium-sized bobcat walking within 50 yards of us. David snapped a few pictures of him as he was walking away. I'm not sure how they turned out, but I'll post them up if I can. He will also post them on his site I'm sure.

One of these days David is going to come down here when the conditions are right. None-the-less, it was great to fish together again and hear about some of the new and exciting things going on with their website www.TheChupacabraOutdoors.com. It's quickly becoming one of the most popular fishing and hunting sites out there.

Capt. Steve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: