Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - June 2nd - 5th - Solid Fish!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
June 2nd - 5th - Solid Fish!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: June 2nd - 5th - Solid Fish! Reply with quote

June 2nd - Only a Few
Kent Copeland, Richard and Adam fished in sub-par conditions with me. The wind was pretty stiff and the bite was almost non-existent in the dirty water. We only ended up with 4 keeper trout and one 26 inch redfish. Dark colored Assassins did the trick. We lost a few as well.

June 3rd - AADE Tournament
Jeff Todish and Chad fished with me again this year in the American Association of Drilling Engineers tournament. I think this marks their 5 year anniversary fishing this tournament with me and I'm so glad that they've stuck with me because they're awesome to fish with. We got a late start and weren't fishing until almost 8 O'clock. There were 180 boats in the tournament and the wind was pumping at about 17 mph. It seemed that everyone was clogged up in three or four areas. I went to an area where I had been catching fish and we immediately got on a school of trout. Of course we didn't have it to ourselves for long on a Saturday with all the boats so after 4 drifts we decided to go hunt for redfish. The move paid off as we landed 16 reds to 31 inches and one flounder before heading to the weigh in with their limits of reds, 6 trout and one flounder in the box. We also caught several throwback reds, trout and flounder. Jeff didn't weigh in his flounder, but it would have won 4th place which was in the money. Chad weighed in his red that was just under 7 lbs. (6th place) but a 7.04 pounder beat him out of the money (paid 5 places down) by a slim margin. It was a pretty good day for us considering the boat traffic and the wind. If they would ever separate the artificial and the bait divisions in this tourney we would have been in the money for the last 3 years. None-the-less, it's always great fishing with Jeff and his guys. Topwaters and Red Shad Assassins were our best baits.

June 4th - Very Nice Fish!
Luis, Luis Jr., Ray and Ruben fished until 2:30 with me to scrape up 11 very fat trout and 4 big reds. We drifted over shell and structure while throwing dark-colored soft plastics. The bites were very soft causing us to lose 6 or 8 trout. We lost two at the boat that were well over 5 pounds. These guys were a fun group and they were as mad at 'em as I am. Even though we didn't land a ton of fish it was nice to only see 2 or 3 boats as we were way off the beaten path.

June 5th - Good Day!
Joey Austin brought Oscar and Tim along to treat them to a good day on Galveston Bay. The northwest wind was once again blowing at about 13 or 14 mph early which limited our options and made the water dirty. We grinded it out for several hours and boated 14 trout to 22 inches. The wind let up around 10:30 so we made a run to the area I fished yesterday, but it was void of life on the dead tide. We lost another 2 good trout and landed two big reds before heading towards the ramp at 2 PM with 14 trout and 2 redfish in the ice chest. Today's fish were caught on topwaters and plum / chartreuse soft plastics in 6 to 9 feet over scattered shell.

Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: