Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - July 24th & 25th - Scratchin' Out a Few
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
July 24th & 25th - Scratchin' Out a Few

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: July 24th & 25th - Scratchin' Out a Few Reply with quote

6/24/11 - Stiff Wind & Weak Tide, But Still Managed a Few
Jon, Casey, Gary and Wally stuck it out with me in less than desirable conditions. The SSW wind made catching very tough and it also didn't help that we had very little tide movement. We started on the reefs where we caught a solid trout here and there until the bite became non-existent. We finished up our trip in the back lakes and boxed 3 redfish to 25 inches. I actually felt pretty good about having 7 trout and 3 reds in the box especially after talking to a lot of the other guides. Red Shad and Texas Roach Sea Shad Assassins caught all of our fish. Jon and his guys are always a real pleasure to fish with regardless of the conditions.

6/25/11 - 1st Annual Dianal America Fishing Tournament
I hosted the 1st Annual Dianal America Tournament which included 7 guides along with 21 employees. We've had this event planned since last winter and we've very much been looking forward to it. I've been keeping my fingers crossed that the conditions would be good and every team would catch a lot of fish. Unfortunately, this summer has been unseasonalbly windy and today was no different. Winds were blowing out of the south at 16 to 22 mph and our tide movement was nil for the second day in a row. None-the-less we all made it work and everyone caught a few fish. Five of the teams fished with artificials and two threw live bait. Capt. Tim Bradbeer's boat won 1st place stringer consisting of 4 trout and one redfish while my team won 2nd. All of the guides worked their tails off to put their groups on fish and Topwater Grill did a fantastic job as always on the catering. Hopefully this event will grow each year and Mother Nature will be a little more cooperative next time.

Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: