Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - July 18th - 21st - I Like It!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
July 18th - 21st - I Like It!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: July 18th - 21st - I Like It! Reply with quote

July 18th - West Wind Blues!
Craig, Derrick and Louis toughed out a half day with me in a WSW wind and scattered storms that had the trout lock-jawed. We still managed 8 good sized trout, 3 redfish and a flounder. I sound like a broken record with my reports this summer, but the bites were about as subtle as they could get and we lost as many trout and reds as we caught. A variety of Bass Assassins were used to catch our fish.

July 19th - Blocked by Storms!
Lance and his wife Jill were in from Crosby for a much anticipated fishing trip and break from their busy lives. Unfortunately, we had to fish 5 minutes from our launch site because of severe storms across the bay. We fished three little spots in a steady down-pour for 3 hours and only managed to hook 5 trout and land two of them before we'd had enough. The two we boated were 22 and 23 inches so at least they were quality fish. We also caught lots of sand trout and throwback specks. Lance and Jill were die-hards. It's unfortunate that we couldn't go where we needed to go.

July 20th - Good Times & Limits of Trout!
The conditions were favorable and Dave, Bill and John. As a result they put a pretty good hurtin' on the trout. It was never hot and heavy action, but the guys made almost every bite count to get their limits of trout to 23 inches and 4 big sand trout. Limetreuse and Glow Sea Shad Assassins were responsible for most of our fish. We worked slicks in 6 to 7 feet of water over shell to catch our fish.

July 21st - Great Half Day!
John Knox and his two sons Blake and Brad caught fish all morning. A lot of them were undersized, but they managed to trick 22 trout that made the grade. Brad was absolutely on fire. He caught the most and the biggest (23 inches). We left them biting which was very difficult for me to do. Calcasieu Brew Sea Shad Assassins were the number one bait today.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: