Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - August 7th - Pretty Challenging, but Not Bad!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
August 7th - Pretty Challenging, but Not Bad!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: August 7th - Pretty Challenging, but Not Bad! Reply with quote

Brian, Mandy, Katrina and Russell got started with me at about 7:20 this morning. The wind was of course out of the west-south-west at around 15 mph and the bite was tough. We picked up a couple of 18 inch trout on our first drift along with some throwbacks. As I was idling back around to make another drift some guy with a Captain's License anchored in my drift and stayed there throwing live shrimp while we were forced to drift out in La La Land. All of the slicks were popping up at the back of his boat, but I didn't want to crowd him.

We managed to catch 6 or 8 more fish with only a few being keepers before I called it quits and went looking around. I found exactly what I knew I would find which was off-colored dead water everywhere. I went back to our first spot and Mandy popped another keeper before boats got on top of us again. I'd had enough so we went looking for redfish to finish our trip. I found a small school of reds but they were about as lock-jawed as the trout were. We hooked several but only landed 3 of them with Katrina's being the biggest measuring almost 31 inches (her first red ever). The other two reds were just shy of 20 inches.

We finally pulled the plug at 2 PM because the wind was really cranking out of the southwest and everyone was tired. It was not the day that I had hoped for and I had several things going against me, but we all still had an absolute blast fishing together. 10W40 and limetreuse Saltwater Assassin Sea Shads caught all of our fish today.

Capt. Steve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: