Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - August 17th - Tougher Than Usual!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
August 17th - Tougher Than Usual!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: August 17th - Tougher Than Usual! Reply with quote

Well, it was my first day back after a week long vacation. I thoroughly enjoyed the break and spending some much needed time with my family, but it sure felt great to get back on the water.

Scott and Wayne battled the west-south-west wind with me this morning to scrape up just a few keeper trout along with lots of throwbacks. The wind started to die down some around 10:30 which enabled us to make a move to more productive waters. The problem was that the tide also died so we had to just peck at them until the outgoing tide began. It was so hot by then that the fish really weren't cooperative. We only managed to catch a few more trout along with some reds and a flounder before pulling the plug. All of the trout were caught on limetreuse and 10W40 Bass Assassins while the reds and flounder came on gold spoons and Texas Roach Sea Shad Assassins.

It wasn't a bad day by any stretch, but it certainly wasn't as good as it could have been. At least our fish were good quality with the largest trout measuring almost 24 inches and the largest red taping almost 27 inches. I've said it a million times, but this west wind is a killer especially in late August. Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive.

Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: