Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Aug. 23rd - 25th - New Motor & Solid Box of Trout!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Aug. 23rd - 25th - New Motor & Solid Box of Trout!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Aug. 23rd - 25th - New Motor & Solid Box of Trout! Reply with quote

I had a new Suzuki installed on my Whaler and I finally picked it up on Monday. Scott Medsger jumped in the boat with me on Tuesday (8-23) to put some break-in hours on it. We brought our rods, but really didn't fish in one spot too long. I had to run it at 3,000 - 3,500 RPM's for 2 hours and 4,000 - 4,500 RPM's for another hour. Let me tell you, that took a while. I took the opportunity to hit some areas that should be turning on pretty soon with us just making a few casts at each stop. We caught 6 decent trout up to 22 inches and some throwbacks and I was able to eliminate some water for my Wednesday trip so my mission was accomplished. I love this motor by the way.

August 24th - Steady Catching!
Elliud, Nacho, Christian and Jose got started with me around 7 AM in ice cream conditions other than the weak tide movement. It never really got red hot, but they pecked out 25 trout to 23 inches before heading in at 2 PM. We lost some nice trout and caught some throwbacks as well. Over-all we were pleased with the results. Limetreuse Salt Water Assassin Sea Shads and various colored Queen Cocahoe Minnows over shell in 6 to 7 feet of water was the way to go. If we would have had decent tide movement Lord only knows how many fish we would have caught.

August 25th - Cut Short By Storms!
Don, Keno and Jim only got to fish for about 45 minutes this morning because of some very severe thunderstorms that engulfed the bay. We headed in at 8:15 with two 21 inch trout in the box and rescheduled for another day. The wind was gusting to 30 mph by the time we got to the ramp. Had we stayed for 10 more minutes it would have been plum ugly. I am glad we got some much needed rain though. The tide was dead again this morning. Otherwise, I think we would have put a decent box of trout together because we were drifting over a ton of good looking slicks. It's so hard to make these fish eat on a slack tide.

Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: