Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Oct. 20th - 23rd - More Good Times!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Oct. 20th - 23rd - More Good Times!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Oct. 20th - 23rd - More Good Times! Reply with quote

We picked up where we left off after canceling trips Tuesday and Wednesday because 30 mph winds brought on from the cold front. The water temperature dropped by ten degrees and the boat traffic seemed to have doubled, but we managed to escape most of the traffic and caught fish.

Oct. 20th - Very Easy Limits!
One of my good regular clients and friends Scott Medsger went solo because his usual partner had some last minute business to attend to. The bite was not happening for the first hour or so, but when it did it was pretty darn good. Scott had his limit within an hour and then we just hit different areas catching and releasing dozens of trout. Scott also caught two nice redfish before we headed for the ramp. Topwaters, Morning Glory Assassin Sea Shad Assassins and Limetreuse Bass Assassins worked great as usual. Scott is always a class act to fish with. He enjoys every minute of the trip and has a great time regardless of what we catch.

Oct. 21st - 1st Place Stringer!
Brad, Harold and Mark fished with me in the Reeling It In for Rett Tournament today out of Outriggers. I took them to an area that I hadn't fished in a long time because of the heavy boat traffic where I've been fishing. The move paid off as Brad won first place stringer (3 trout & 2 reds weighing in at almost 21 lbs.) and took home a nice check and beautiful trophy. Harold ended up just out of 3rd place. They were a lot of fun as always. 10W40 Assassins worked the best.

Oct. 22nd - Respectable Day!
West Pearson, his son Quinn and their friend J.T. picked off 16 trout, one redfish and one flounder amidst dozens of sand trout and a handful of throwback specks. We did the same thing I've been doing which is drifting open bay shell while casting to slicks and nervous mullet. Limetreuse was our best color.

Oct. 23rd - One Drift Limit!
Brian was in from North Texas for one day and wanted to get in a short half day of fishing on Galveston Bay for the first time. He had never caught a speckled trout or a flounder. We made our first drift of the morning a little before 8 AM and he caught his limit of trout to 22 inches by the end of the drift. We both also released a half dozen trout before heading elsewhere for reds and flounder. We never found any cooperative redfish, but Brian did catch a keeper flounder and released more specks. Days like this will spoil a man. Purple Canary and 10W40 Sea Shad Assassins did the trick over shell in 6 feet of water.

Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: