Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Oct. 24th - 27th - More Solid Days!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Oct. 24th - 27th - More Solid Days!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:38 pm    Post subject: Oct. 24th - 27th - More Solid Days! Reply with quote

Oct. 24th - Good Variety!
Dean, Lee and Chris hit several areas with me to put 16 very solid trout, 3 big reds and one flounder in the box. We threw topwaters and Bass Assassin Sea Shads in a variety of colors while drifting over scattered shell in 6 to 8 feet of water.

Oct. 25th - Bumper Boats!
Today I had flashbacks of when I was a kid and would love to ride in those little bumper boats at Astroworld. There were boats in almost every area Iíve been fishing which made it tough. We found some areas off the beaten path, but it really didn't pan out all that well as far as numbers of keepers were concerned. Don, Keno and Jim ended up with 7 trout to 22.5 inches and 4 redfish to 27 inches along with a bunch of throwback specks. The four of us still had a fun time as always despite the circumstances.

Oct. 26th - Limits of Reds & Half Limits of Trout!
George and Dave joined me in my quest to escape the crowds and the wind today. We fished several areas all by ourselves and managed to catch 7 reds (24 to 26.5 inches), 10 trout to 22 inches and one flounder. 10W40 and Texas Roach Sea Shad Assassins were the best baits while drifting over structure in 4 to 8 feet of water. Dave and his friends and family are always a real pleasure to have on the boat.

Oct. 27th - Easy Limits of Trout Pre-Cold Front!
Long time friends and customers Claude and Thomas got on a steady trout bite this morning. Our first stop only produced 5 or 6 trout, but a short move to another spot proved to be a home run. We made two more drifts and they had their limits of trout to 22 inches along with one 17 inch flounder. Purple Canary and Limetreuse Sea Shad Assassins worked great while casting to small slicks in 4 to 6 feet of water.

Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: