Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Oct. 31st - Nov. 2nd - Heavy Boxes & Big Trout!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Oct. 31st - Nov. 2nd - Heavy Boxes & Big Trout!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Oct. 31st - Nov. 2nd - Heavy Boxes & Big Trout! Reply with quote

Oct. 31st - Good Times!
I took Eric Onishi, Amos and Michael to a few of my hiding places to escape what has become an insane amount of boat traffic in the other areas that I've been fishing. We were able to avoid the crowds and still manage to put some nice fish in the box. Amos had the hot hand for the second trip in a row, but all the guys caught 'em including 2 beautiful redfish that Eric and Michael landed. Our day ended with 21 specks, 3 reds and one huge sand trout. We fished slicks, shell and a few groups of birds while throwing Limetreuse and 10W40 Sea Shad Assassins. It was a great time as usual fishing with Eric and his crew.

Nov. 1st - Specks, Rubber Lips & Flatties!
Jay and his dad Buford had a variety-packed day boxing 16 solid trout, 3 reds and 2 flounder. Avocado, 10W40 and Limetreuse Assassins as well as topwaters were our choice of baits.

Nov. 2nd - Easy Limits & some Big Trout!
Dave DeAtkins and his son Greg got on a solid trout bite this morning. We popped 7 or 8 solid trout up to 4.5 pounds and a redfish at our first stop then the wind picked up and forced a move. Around 8:30 we hit another good school of trout and only needed 2 more trout to round out a limit before two boats piled in on top of us and forced us to relocate once again. It didn't take long to find another school of healthy trout to complete their limits. We then went hunting for a few more redfish, but only caught one more. We still had a lot of time left so I made a run to an area where I caught some big trout last year and they were there. We caught and released 5 trout to 27.5 inches which turned out to be Greg's personal best to date. She weighed a solid 7.25 pounds on the Boga and was released in great condition. Limetreuse and 10W40 Sea Shads along with Chartreuse Skitterwalks fished over shell in 2.5 to 4 feet of water got the job done in a big way. You couldn't ask for a better day with a couple of great guys.

Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: