Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Nov. 4th - 6th - Hard to Beat!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Nov. 4th - 6th - Hard to Beat!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Nov. 4th - 6th - Hard to Beat! Reply with quote

Nov. 4th - Post-Front Limits!
Adam Hawn, Ernest and Adam made the ride out with me in 44 degree weather and pretty low tides to see if we could trick a few fish. I figured we'd have our work cut out for us after the passage of a pretty strong front the day before and we did. Adam H. got us started by sticking a 4 plus pound flounder. Then we popped a couple of 3 lb. trout and a redfish before everything went lifeless on us. We moved around a lot picking up a trout here and there until we had around 12 more trout in the box. After about a 2 hour lull we finally got on a really good school of trout that were feeding aggressively. There were some reds mixed in with them under a raft of mullet and we finished our day with 30 trout to over 4 lbs., 7 big reds and 2 big flounder in the cooler. Adam and Adam both caught their Texas Slams (trout, red & flounder for those who don't know). Most of the trout were 18 to 23.5 inches and very thick. Various dark-colored Assassins and Corkies over shell in 3 - 5 feet of water paid off for us.

Nov. 5th - Family Fun!
Minh Tran and his two very talented kids, Chris (7 years old) and Megan (9 yrs. old) got started with me around 8 O'clock. We hit a small group of birds and Chris caught a 27 inch red and Megan caught a 17 inch speck to get us under way. Our bite was going strong until 2 boats moved in on top of us and forced me to leave. This has become an all-to-common occurernce, but I guess we just have to deal with it and move on. Anyway, we headed to a flat that had a few mullet flipping and picked off a few more trout and a flounder before calling it a day around 2:30. Minh and the kids caught some nice fish ending up with 13 trout, Chris' red and one flounder in the box. We threw plum and red early then limetreuse under the bright sun later in our trip. Minh and his family are always a true pleasure to fish with.

Nov. 6th - Pre-Kick-Off Limits!
Armando and his dad Armando Sr. grinded it out with me for one 17 inch trout over the course of our first two hours. I fished some areas that have been very productive for me lately, but they just weren't happening today. After I felt that I had given those spots a fair shot it was time to head elsewhere. We took a chance and made a pretty long run with hopes of getting on a better bite. Around 9:45 I found a few slicks and we started a drift. Armando Sr. hooked up on his first cast and the rest is history. Two drifts later we were headed in with 20 very solid trout and one flounder in the ice chest. Plum, Purple Canary and Chicken-On-A-Chain Sea Shad Assassins were very productive for us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: