Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Dec. 9th - 14th - More Good Fishing!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Dec. 9th - 14th - More Good Fishing!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Dec. 9th - 14th - More Good Fishing! Reply with quote

I had to cancel December 10th and 11th because of high winds, but the past few days have been pretty darn good despite the fog and a few other guides shadowing me. Some days we're catching more on Bass Assassins, but there have been a couple of days when about half of our fish have come on Tidal Surge Maniac Mullets. Limetreuse (Assassins) and pink (Maniac Mullets) have been our best colors. A strong outgoing tide has been the best while fishing over shell and mud in 3.5 to 7 feet of water.

Dec. 9th - Norman and his dad Dave fished a half day with me to pick up easy limits of trout to 23 inches. Bass Assassins and Maniac Mullets over shell in 4 to 7 feet of water were used. Norm is always a great guy to fish with and I was glad that his dad made the trip because it was sure was a good one.

Dec. 12th - My good friend and client Scott Medsger brought along his buddy Jeff for a full day of fishing. The morning started off pretty good with us catching 7 or 8 trout to 23 inches on our first couple of drifts. Unfortunately, a couple of other boats came in too close to us and forced me to relocate. We hit 3 or 4 other areas and scraped up 20 trout before heading in around 1:30. It was another great day with Scott and company as always.

Dec. 13th - Jess Burditt, his brother Charles and their friend Josh fished 4 or 5 different areas to grind out 28 trout to 22 inches and one flounder with me today. The bite was never really going crazy, but it was somewhat steady and seemed to get better around noon when the tide was ripping out. We headed in at 2:30 PM so the guys could get back to Bryan and Conroe before the work traffic started. These guys are very entertaining to fish with to say the least and we all had a blast once again.

Dec. 14th - Bill Higgins, John Huston and their friend Rick enjoyed a steady bite today. They had their limits of trout to 23 inches in the cooler by noon along with one redfish before we headed out in search of more reds. We caught a few more trout and 2 more reds, but they were too short. We pointed towards the ramp at 2 PM after another good day of catching on Galveston Bay. Bill, John and Rick are great fishermen and they held their own once again today.

Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: