Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Jan. 18th & 19th - Sloooow!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Jan. 18th & 19th - Sloooow!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Jan. 18th & 19th - Sloooow! Reply with quote

Jan. 18th - Larry and Tony started fishing with me around 11 AM in an effort to let the wind subside some. A cold front had blown in just hours earlier and the wind was still blowing 18 mph when we left the dock. The tide was almost 2 feet low, but was beginning to come in. We stayed in protected waters for a couple of hours until the open bay became fishable. Larry hooked and lost a trout and I caught a 16 inch flounder before heading out to my normal winter spots in the bay. By 2 O'clock the wind had died down to less than 5 mph, but the barometric pressure was still 1030 millibars. The whole bay seemed pretty lifeless. We hit a lot of different areas, but only scraped up 2 more decent trout and a couple of throwbacks before heading in at 4:30. It was a tough day for sure, but we gave it all we had. We're in that time of year where everyday is a different result.

Jan. 19th - Norm, Haley and Kevin fished a different area with me today than I fished yesterday. I caught quite a few fish there at this time last year so I was hoping we could do the same today. It was a risk that didn't exactly play out the way I had in mind. We fished hard from 8 AM to 1 PM on a strong outgoing tide only managing to put 6 solid trout in the box. We lost a couple and had a couple of other undersized trout but that was it. Norm and the guys were fun to fish with as always.

What few fish we caught over the past two days were on various colored Bass Assassins, Maniac Mullets and 52 Series MirrOlures while drifting over shell and mud in 3.5 to 6 feet of water.

Better Days Ahead!
Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: