Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Feb. 16th & 19th
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Feb. 16th & 19th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Feb. 16th & 19th Reply with quote

A lot of severe weather this past week kept me off the water most days, but I was able to get in a couple of days.....barely!

Feb. 16th - Beau & Kimberly Harding and Chris Reeves got started with me around 9 AM drifting in foggy low tide conditions. The water was very off-color with a lot of fresh water mixed in with it. Our first stop yielded no bites, but one more move proved to be the right one. We threw various dark colored Bass Assassins (mainly Texas Roach & Red Shad) to box 14 trout to almost 24 inches and 2 redfish to 27 inches. Kimberly took big fish honors with her trout and red.

Feb. 19th - Minh Tran, his father Ninh and son Chris started drifting with me a little before 9 AM in 25 mph winds. We stuck a fish here and there, but it was some tough fishing especially with the tides being 2 feet low during the passage of the front. The wind finally calmed down around noon, but the bite just never really got going good. We hooked 10 or so fish, but only boxed 4 keepers. We headed in at 3 PM with 2 nice reds, one flounder and one solid trout in the box. It was a challenging day to say the least. We were only able to fish one small area because the rest of the bay looked like chocolate milk. Calcasieu Brew Sea Shad Assassins were our best baits.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: