Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - April 9th - 12th - Good Size & Numbers!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
April 9th - 12th - Good Size & Numbers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: April 9th - 12th - Good Size & Numbers! Reply with quote

April 9th - Wayne and Scott were up for a full day of fishing and we were all very excited based on the forecast of light winds. As we pulled away from the dock it was blowing WNW at 15 mph. The forecast was off the mark again. What a shocker. It eventually died down to about 8 or 10 mph, but it was still coming out of the west which kept the water very off-color. We decided to throw topwaters to call them up since the trout would have trouble seeing a soft plastic. It kind of worked. We had blow-up after blow-up, but only stuck a few. The consolation was that they were all good fish. We eventually relocated to a little cleaner water and the guys were able to pop a couple on dark Bass Assassins. Overall, we were happy with the 8 trout and 3 redfish we kept. I also turned loose a fat 6.25 pound trout that fell prey to my pink Skitterwalk. Scott also lost a trout that was bigger than mine. I wish we could've gotten a few more to the boat, but we were lucky to catch what we did in those conditions.

April 11th - Haley and Adolph put on a clinic in ice cream conditions. The bay was slick calm which gave the water a chance to clear up a little bit. We had great tide movement and a lot of active bait (shad and mullet). We drifted slicks over shell in 4.5 to 7 feet of water to bring in 20 trout to 4 pounds. About half of our fish came on various topwaters with the balance falling for Bass Assassins. Glow and Limetreuse were the best colors.

April 12th - I had some new guys with me today in Shane, Adam and Clayton. We caught between 35 and 40 trout with 24 of them being keepers up to 4 pounds. We also lost more trout than we have all year due to the very soft bite. The water was pretty dirty from all of the fresh mixed in. A stiff south wind didn't help either, but there were enough fish in the 3 areas we fished to still hit some on the head. Glow and Limetreuse Assassins got it done again today. The guys had a blast and I'm looking forward to fishing with them again.

Friday through Monday appear to be blown out with wind gusts as high as 30 mph so it looks like I might be forced to take a little break. We'll try to pick up right where we left off hopefully by Tuesday.

Have a Great Weekend!

Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: