Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Aug. 27th & 29th - Great Mid-Day Bite!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Aug. 27th & 29th - Great Mid-Day Bite!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject: Aug. 27th & 29th - Great Mid-Day Bite! Reply with quote

August 27th - It was a breezy start for Billy and his son Wayne who was in from Dallas. We only had 4 trout in the box at 10 AM, but the wind finally cooperated and the bite lit up like I haven't seen in a while. We caught over 100 trout in the next three hours with them keeping their limits of trout up to 3 lbs. We left them biting at 1:30. What a blast! Topwaters and Saltwater Assassins were our baits of choice.

August 28th - The forecast called for North winds to 5 mph, but it was just a tad off. What a shocker! We left the ramp at 6:45 and I had to put my trim tabs almost all of the way down because of a 16 - 18 mph NW wind. We finally made our first stop of the morning around 7:30, but the bite just wasn't happening other than a few undersized trout. Finally around 9 O'clock good things started happening. The wind made more of a turn to the north-northeast and we started catching with regularity. Roy, Adam and Bob only booked a half day so we headed in at 1 PM with 19 trout to 24 inches and two reds to 27 inches. The wind really laid down as we were heading across the bay towards the ramp. I kind of wish we would have stayed, but they still had a good day of catching. Assassins and topwaters got it done in 3.5 to 7 feet of water over scattered shell.

It looks like we won't be back on the water for several days with winds forecast to hit 35 mph at times. I was planning to take off Labor Day weekend so it looks like I'll have about 6 days off now. I hope everyone has a fun and safe holiday weekend!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: