Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Sept. 20th - 26th - Big Trout Showing!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Sept. 20th - 26th - Big Trout Showing!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Sept. 20th - 26th - Big Trout Showing! Reply with quote

Sept. 20th - Chuck, Jake and Morris made the most of a tough bite by scraping up 10 trout and 3 flounder. A hard ENE wind was the culprit. All of their fish were very solid with Chuck catching the largest measuring 25 inches (released). It was his first time to saltwater fish and I think he may be hooked now. Plum was the best color.

Sept. 21st - Clay, Ginger and Scott had a fun day on the water catching specks, sand trout and a couple of reds. They kept 27 specks and two reds. All of their fish were caught on Limetreuse and Plum / Chartreuse tail Assassins and Norton Sand Shads. We fished 5 or 6 different areas casting to slicks over shell and mud.

Sept. 22nd - The hard northeast wind finally gave us a little break and the weather turned out beautiful for David, Steve and Kyle. The bite wasn't outstanding, but it was steady enough for them to box 25 trout to 24 inches and a redfish. Steve also caught and released a 27 inch trout and David did the same with a 26.75 incher. The overall quality of fish was outstanding. We used the same baits as yesterday.

Sept. 23rd - Rhonda and Curtis started catching nice trout on their first drift of the morning. Despite literally almost getting rammed by two clowns in a Ranger with a T-top, they had their limits in the cooler after 3 more drifts. I had to put my boat in reverse to keep from hitting these brain-dead hillbillies as we were easing back in for another drift. I just don't understand it. Anyway, we hit 3 or 4 different areas trying to stick a redfish or two, but it never panned out. We hit one final stop to try to get them hooked up on a big trout. Curtis popped a 25.5 incher which he released and Rhonda did the same with a 23.5 inch trout. We caught and released about a dozen trout then headed in at noon. There were no slicks to speak of, so we just hit areas where we've been catching and it worked out great. Plum and Limetreuse both worked about the same.

Sept. 24th - Kirt, John, Ronnie and Scott were blessed with calm winds and awesome weather. Unfortunately, our tide was dead for most of the trip. As a result, the bite was subtle and a lot of fish were hooked and lost. The quality wasn't as good either with a lot of undersized trout mixed in. None-the-less, they still boxed 17 trout to 24 inches before heading to the dock. The barometric pressure was the highest I've seen in a while (1022 millibars). There were no slicks and very little surface activity. Kirt and his crew did a great job grinding it out.

Sept. 25th - Took off for my wife's birthday
Sept. 26th - Got cancelled on, but the wind blew hard anyway.

It looks like we'll have a little extra wind for the next couple of days then a pretty good chance of rain for the weekend. Once everything settles after this next front we should get back onto a consistent bite again. Until then, we may have to work a little for them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: