Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Sept. 27th - Oct. 1st - Signs of Transition
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Sept. 27th - Oct. 1st - Signs of Transition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Sept. 27th - Oct. 1st - Signs of Transition Reply with quote

We've been on a heck of a roll all summer. The bite has been very reliable most trips. I wasn't sure if we were going to see much of a summer-to-fall transition this year because we have so many trout and so many places to catch them. The last two days answered that question. We caught fish, but we had to move around a lot. The trout really weren't showing themselves like they have been either. There were very few slicks and not much active bait. Our tides were good. The pressure was a little high and the moon was bright, but it shouldn't have affected the bite all that much. Constant water temperature fluctuations this time of year have everything to do with it. The fish get out of their normal summer-time pattern and begin to spread out. They're on the move. You'll catch them in one spot one day and won't even get a bite there the next. The good news is I think we'll see improvement over the course of the next week or two as water temperatures stabilize in the mid-seventies and the cool fronts become more frequent. One or two more fronts like the one that just past and we'll be in business.

Sept. 27th - Jess, Charles and Alan had a stubborn bite to deal with today. We covered a bunch of water for just a few trout and one redfish. We didn't even catch a ton of sand trout like we have been. It was pretty breezy, but our water clarity held up just fine. Plum and Limetreuse were our best colors.

Sept. 28th - Craig, Dennis and Larry had a little better action than yesterday's group, but we still had to work for them. There are a couple of areas we could have gone to and done a little better, but we would have had to deal with some boat traffic. We pulled the plug at 2:30 with 20 trout to 23.5 inches and some big sand trout in the box. Not a bad day by any means and always a hoot with these guys. Plum / Chartreuse and Limetreuse Assassins worked about the same while drifting over shell in 5 to 8 feet of water.

Sept. 29th - Oct. 1st - Cancelled because of storms and wind associated with cool front.

On another note I want to make an announcement that I think will be fun for everyone fishing with me the remainder of the year - Hillman Guide Service has teamed up with Waterloo Rods U.S.A. to bring a new element of excitement to all remaining fishing charters booked with Hillman Guide Service through December 31, 2012. Whoever catches the heaviest trout between Oct. 1st and Dec. 31st will win a custom made Waterloo Rod of their choosing. Weekly big trout leader updates will be posted on FB and www.hillmanguideservice.com. You can take a look at Waterloo's line up of quality salt and freshwater rods at www.waterloorods.com. This our way of saying “Thank You” for all of your loyal business. This will be a fun way to close out the year!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: