Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Sept. 22nd - Nov. 22nd - Wow!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Sept. 22nd - Nov. 22nd - Wow!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Sept. 22nd - Nov. 22nd - Wow! Reply with quote

I've been entirely too busy to update my reports over the past two months. The first really big cold front of the year has afforded me the time to give everyone a summary of the fishing scene here on Galveston Bay. The front hit yesterday (Nov. 22nd) at 9:45 AM where we were fishing. We were able to scrape up 21 trout to 4 pounds before it ran us off the water.

We've been bouncing back and forth between Trinity, East, Lower and Upper Galveston Bay based on the conditions for the day. Fishing different areas also adds a little variety and helps keep things interesting. The one common denominator regardless of the area has been the depth of water we're fishing and the bottom structure. Most of our fish have been caught in 4.5 to 6.5 feet of water over clam or oyster reefs. Slicks and color streaks with flipping mullet have been the main indicator, but some days we were forced to work birds. Either way, we've had limits of trout on most trips with some really nice ones mixed in up to 28 inches. All of our trout 25 inches and over have been released except for one that swallowed the jig and was bleeding badly. We've also been catching a few reds on almost every trip along with a flounder or two. Saltwater Assassins, Tidal Surge Split-tail Mullets and Maniac Mullets have been our main baits.

As the water temperatures continue to drop we will shift more of our attention to mud bottom with some mixed shell. We will also be spending more time in and near deeper guts. Corkies and MirrOdines will also get more playing time. From what I've seen, we have a ton of trout in our bay system and it looks like we're going to have another great winter bite.

As I do every year, I'll be heading to the ranch with the family to enjoy Thanksgiving South Texas style. I hope everyone has a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving with their families and friends.

Tight Lines & Stay Warm,
Steve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: