Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Friday January 19, 2007 Back on the water (FINALLY)
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Friday January 19, 2007 Back on the water (FINALLY)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Friday January 19, 2007 Back on the water (FINALLY) Reply with quote

After taking some time off over the Christmas and New Years holidays it felt great to get back on the salt. Had a trip planned for today, but it cancelled due to small craft advisory and rain.

With the Specktacular Plugger Tournament coming up, Jake and I decided to tough it out for a couple of hours in search of some tournament worthy trout. We hit the water around 9 AM and were greeted with a NNE wind @ 25 mph. I caught a 7.5 lb. trout (released) on about my 4th or 5th cast on the old standby (Pearl/Chartreuse Corky). We caught one other trout that was about 3.5 lbs. We thought about hitting a couple of other spots, but that nice warm truck was sounding better by the minute, so we headed in around 11 AM. We fished W. Gal. Bay drifting over mud/shell. The water temp. was 46 degrees.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: