Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Saturday August 11, 2007 Afternoon Trip
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Saturday August 11, 2007 Afternoon Trip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Saturday August 11, 2007 Afternoon Trip Reply with quote

I had the pleasure of fishing with Ellen Curio, her 10 year old grandson Mark Christopher (he prefers to be called MC), and MC's uncle Mark this afternoon. MC was in from Nashville visiting his grandma in Sea Isle and she wanted him to catch his first speckled trout. We started fishing around 3:30 PM and Mark caught a 20 inch trout on his very first cast on a plum / chartreuse Texas Red Killer. It wasn't long before MC started putting on a clinic at the back of the boat. He kept me very busy netting his trout.

At around 5 PM a very nasty looking thunderstorm was rolling in and they all agreed that there was enough fish in the box, so we headed to the boat ramp. We boxed a total of 12 trout up to 22 inches and threw back another half dozen or so. MC was responsible for most of the 12 we put in the box and most of the ones that we released.

Everyone caught fish and had a great time, but I think that I probably had the best time of all watching MC, his grandma, and his uncle spend quality time together catching fish and making memories. I drove home with a smile on my face and a tear of joy in my eye. I can't wait to fish with them again in October.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: