Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - March 23rd - Rattling Around In The Wind!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
March 23rd - Rattling Around In The Wind!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: March 23rd - Rattling Around In The Wind! Reply with quote

Sloan Tuttle gave his dad, Steve, a surprise birthday fishing trip with me today. However, it was no real surprise to me that the wind blew hard again. Heavy winds are manageable this time of year when they're from an easterly direction, but a southwest wind will chop up almost the entire bay especially when it's humping at 20 plus mph.

The trout bite was next to impossible where we had to fish so we turned to our beloved redfish for a bailout plan. It kind of worked, but even the reds were skittish. We hooked 7 on topwaters, but only landed four of them from 21 to 24.5 inches.

On the way out of our last spot I noticed a snake swimming across the surface. Upon closer examination it turned out to be a pretty good sized rattlesnake. We took a few pictures until it got too close for comfort. It wanted in my boat really bad. By 1:30 we had had enough wind and muddy water so we headed for the ramp. It's always fun fishing with Steve and Sloan.

Capt. Steve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: