Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - April 10th - 17th - Windy Grind!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
April 10th - 17th - Windy Grind!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: April 10th - 17th - Windy Grind! Reply with quote

I apologize for falling behind on my fishing reports this past week. To be honest there just hasn't been much to report. I've rescheduled more trips than I've taken because of 20 plus mph winds most days. You can make it work by wade fishing most of the time, but when I have drifters scheduled it makes it almost impossible.

This little cold front late last week along with the full moon offered another set of challenges, but we still managed to scrape up some nice redfish and a few trout and lost a couple of big trout that weren't hooked good. I've mainly been wading shorelines in East and Trinity Bays, but I've also been hitting Upper and Lower Galveston Bays when the wind and tides warrant such a move. The bite has been about the same everywhere. It's been hit or miss at best and you better be standing in them when they decide to eat because you won't get many opportunities. Small topwaters and Salt Water Assassin Sea Shads have been our best baits. If the wind ever gives us a break fishing will improve dramatically. In the meantime, I'll be out there bouncing around somewhere trying to make the best of it.

Good Luck!

Capt. Steve

We ran across this wounded sea turtle in Upper Galveston Bay on Saturday. It appeared to have been grazed by a ship prop. It finally swam beneath the surface so hopefully it will make it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: