Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - May 22nd - The World Didn't End!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
May 22nd - The World Didn't End!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: May 22nd - The World Didn't End! Reply with quote

Well the world didn't come to an end on May 21st and, unfortunately, the wind didn't either. Jeff Boyd had Don in from Fort Worth along with Don's son-in-law John. This was our second try in as many months to make it out on the water. Instead of trying to reschedule again we made a go of it.

The wind was only blowing 20 mph during our first 30 minutes. Jeff took advantage of the brief calm period (can you feel the sarcasm?) and nailed a fat 3 pound trout on a Skitterwalk. We had multiple blow-ups, but that was the only hook-up. By 8 O'clock the water had turned brown and waves were slamming us in the back. To make a long uneventful story short, I ran over 70 miles round-trip and the only other keeper fish we were able to box was John's 16.5 inch flounder. We did catch some other throwback reds and flounder along with some sand trout though. Don also lost a really nice flounder at the net and I caught a world-record gafftop on a Skitterwalk. Actually, I should probably take this opportunity to brag on myself - I caught TWO huge gafftop and one hardhead. The other gafftop and the hardhead fell prey to a Texas Roach Assassin. Tell me that doesn't take some skill. That's just sad.

By 3:30 the wind was cranking up to 32 mph so I put the trim tabs down and headed for the ramp. It's always fun fishing with these guys, but man we need some relief from this wind.

Best of Luck!
Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: