Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - June 1st - Temporary Limits!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
June 1st - Temporary Limits!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:14 pm    Post subject: June 1st - Temporary Limits! Reply with quote

John Chisum, his lovely wife Rene' and Rene's brother Carl got a rare opportunity to see what Galveston Bay can be like on a calm day. The water was still very off-color in most areas, but we found some slicks in streaky water and they made every cast count. We fished four different areas to box their limits of trout to 24 inches before heading in at 2:45 PM. Most of our fish were 18 to 22 inches. Calcasieu Brew and Limetreuse Salt Water Assassin Sea Shads in 5 to 7 feet of water over scattered shell and mud were responsible for most of our fish while topwaters also tricked a few.

It's about time the weather got right. The fish are there whenever we can get to them. It looks like tomorrow will hopefully be more of the same, but the wind is supposed to crank back up by Friday. One part of me is thankful for the break in the wind while the selfish side of me wants more calm winds. Some rain would be nice too! O.K. - Now I'm asking for miracles.

Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: