Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - June 17th - 22nd - Interruptions!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
June 17th - 22nd - Interruptions!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: June 17th - 22nd - Interruptions! Reply with quote

Well, we were on a decent little run of good fishing before we got rudely interrupted by more high winds dating back to last Friday. This year has been the worst I've seen in a very long time.

June 17th - No Choice in the Matter
I participated in a 30 boat corporate tournament for another guide in ridiculous conditions. The wind was sustained at 22 with gusts to 30 mph. The water was muddy pretty much everywhere. None-the-less, Manuel, Luis and Rondy managed to land one 4 pound trout and lose a couple before I pulled the plug at 9:30 AM. Most of the boats in the tourney had zero to 3 fish with the exception of some of the guys wading with live croaker. They did a little better. We drifted 4,000 mph over deep shell for our one trout. It was caught on a Red Shad Salt Water Assassin. We also caught 8 or 9 sand trout.

June 18th - 21st - Cancelled Due to Extremely High Winds

June 22nd - Not Enough Time to Fish
Jeff and his friend / customer Will fished with me for about an hour this morning. We immediately got on a school of trout around 6:40, but the dead tide didn't help us much. We tried to wait it out until the tide started to come in, but wicked storms ran us back towards the ramp around 7:30. We ended up with 3 nice trout in the box and of course we lost a couple as well. We threw Red Shad Assassins in 6 feet of water over shell while casting to a few slicks. I had the guys just pay me for gas and we're rescheduling for July. Jeff and Will are great guys and great fishermen. Too bad we didn't have a longer window to fish.

This rain is going to really help our bays if it keeps falling. It may cramp or style for a couple of days, but if that's what it takes then so be it. We're gonna give it another shot tomorrow.

Hangin' In There,
Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: