Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - June 23rd - Good Grind Rewards!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
June 23rd - Good Grind Rewards!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: June 23rd - Good Grind Rewards! Reply with quote

Robert and Reid Dawson along with their friend Jimmy grinded it out with me in sub-par conditions today. The water was still off-color from all the rain and wind yesterday and the wind and scattered storms were still lingering this morning. Our first school of trout yielded two for the box and two that were lost at the net. The bite died after that other than some throwback specks and sand trout. We moved around a bunch and finally got on another school around 9 AM. We got our money's worth out of this one boxing 21 more trout to 24.5 inches before heading in at 1:30 with 23 trout and 7 big sand trout on ice.

It was a great day in marginal conditions with some of my favorite customers / friends. Various dark colored Assassin Sea Shads and rat tails worked great in the stained water while drifting slicks in 5.5 to 7 feet over shell. The rain dropped the surface water temperature down to 80 degrees from 86 a few days ago. I like what I'm seeing!

Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: