Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - June 26th - Redfish Limits!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
June 26th - Redfish Limits!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: June 26th - Redfish Limits! Reply with quote

I rescheduled my morning trip because of high winds, but Adam, Ryan and Adam had to stick to the plan for the afternoon outing due to their schedules.

I knew the trout bite would be tough and it was indeed. We started fishing around 2:30 PM in a 17 or 18 mph wind. The water where we were was plenty good to fish in, but the trout were not cooperative. We moved around a lot trying to find some willing fish, but only a few sand trout were caught.

At 4:30 I made the decision to switch gears and try our luck with the redfish. Twenty-five gallons of gas and 3 hours later we headed in with their limits of nice reds on ice. We caught a total of 17 redfish out of one school. 12 were keepers to 26.5 inches and 5 were just under 20 inches. We also caught a 32 pound black drum which we released of course. It was obviously a day-saver for me and the guys really had a great time. Texas Roach Sea Shad Assassins in the dirty water was the ticket.

Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: