Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - June 29th - July 1st - More Good Times!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
June 29th - July 1st - More Good Times!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: June 29th - July 1st - More Good Times! Reply with quote

June 29th - Short A.M. Trip
My good friend and customer Robert Cook brought his daughter Haley along for her first ever fishing trip. My little girl was supposed to go with us but as much as she loves to fish, she's not an early riser. We got a little bit late of a start but the trout were still somewhat cooperative. A total of 21 trout were hooked, but only 12 were landed. Haley caught her first trout (19 inches) all by herself on a limetreuse Sea Shad which was all we threw. Our biggest trout was 25 inches. Unfortunately, it swallowed the hook so we could not release her. We headed in at 10:45.

June 30th - Annual Pat Doyle Tournament
I had another great crew with me this year in one of my favorite tournaments to fish. Lee Crowder, Mark Crowder, Bryan Lamb and Bryan's grandson Jordan were a lot of fun to fish with even though we didn't win. We caught a bunch of trout, but only had 19 keepers to 3.25 lbs. Our top five fish weighed in at 13.25 lbs. which put us somewhere in the middle of the pack. Once again, Limetreuse Salt Water Assassins did the trick while casting to slicks over deep shell.

July 1st - Doubling Up!
I took David and his son Luke from Austin for a morning half day trip. It was actually kind of slow because we didn't have much tide where we were. The fish were definitely there, but we only managed to box 5 trout to 23 inches and 1 25 inch redfish along with 7 or 8 throwback trout and reds. We also caught some sand trout that were mixed in with the specks. We would have had twice as many trout, but the very soft bite made it hard for us to keep them on the hook. Luke caught his first keeper trout which was 18 inches.

Jerry and Steve joined me for a late afternoon trip. We were fishing by 4:30 PM in a 17 or 18 mph south wind. The water was still holding up o.k. but there was very little tide movement. We caught two trout to 23 inches and a bunch of sand trout before heading in at 8 O'clock. We kept the losing streak going by having several really nice trout pull of the hook. Jerry and Steve were awesome to fish with and I can't wait to do it again in a few weeks for a morning trip. It should work out a lot better as the wind has been blowing hard in the afternoons.

Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: