Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - July 5th - Mid-Morning Limits!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
July 5th - Mid-Morning Limits!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: July 5th - Mid-Morning Limits! Reply with quote

It was nice to get back on the water after a 3 day break to spend time with my wonderful family while at the same time avoiding the holiday crowds. My batteries are recharged and I'm mad at the trout again.

Ron Chapa, his son Javier and Mike have been fishing with me for about 3 years now and we've never had a slow trip. I thought today might be the day as we only had one trout in the box at 8:30 AM. Luckily, by 9 O'clock we started seeing signs of life in an area that hasn't produced much for me this summer. Over the course of the next hour we caught between 60 and 70 trout with 30 of them being keepers to 21 inches. After that we hit one of my tried and true redfish spots, but they weren't all that cooperative with only one 24 incher and one 19.5 inch red making it to the boat. It was another great day with some of my good friends / clients. The trout were caught on Limetreuse Assassins in 5 to 7 feet over mud and shell and the lone keeper red was caught in 4 feet over thick shell.

Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: