Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Aug. 26th - 28th - Pretty Good Stuff!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Aug. 26th - 28th - Pretty Good Stuff!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Aug. 26th - 28th - Pretty Good Stuff! Reply with quote

August 26, 2011 - Rain-Induced Limits!
Jon, Casey and Ken got a late start with me this morning because of some water in fuel issues. We started fishing at 9:40 and had 30 trout to 21 inches and two redfish to 22 inches by 3:30. All of our fish were caught on Limetreuse Salt Water Assassins and topwaters on a slack tide over shell and mud. Our results would have been different had it not rained 2 inches the day before. It cooled the water, flushed more bait out and raised the oxygen level. It made the fish happy and it made us happy!

August 27th - Snake Bit!
John Hardin, Emmitt, Brian and Chase joined me to fish in a WNW wind that was blowing 15 plus mph. The water was dirty where we needed to fish and as a result we only boxed 4 trout to 23 inches and one keeper redfish. We also broke off a big red at the boat, caught some throwback trout and reds and kept 8 or 9 sand trout. There really wasn't much we could do in those conditions, but we gave it our best shot. This was John's second trip with me in tough conditions. Last year he and his wife fished in Matagorda with me in a 25 mph wind. Hopefully the conditions will be better for our next trip.

August 28th – Not Too Bad!
I ran a two boat trip out of Topwater today with Jan and his customers. Jan, Mike and John fished with me and the other two guys fished with Capt. Mike Bowie. We started catching trout on our first drift of the morning on the tail end of the incoming tide, but there were a lot of undersized trout in the mix. By our third drift the tide was dead and would remain that way for the rest of our trip. My guys still managed 15 trout to 22 inches and two nice redfish before heading in at 2 O’clock. We threw topwaters and Limetreuse Salt Water Assassin Sea Shads into slicks over deep shell to catch our fish. Mike had already cleaned his fish by the time we got in so just my group's fish are in the photo.

Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: