Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Nov. 30th & Dec. 1st - Back to Catchin'
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Nov. 30th & Dec. 1st - Back to Catchin'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Nov. 30th & Dec. 1st - Back to Catchin' Reply with quote

It was great to be back on the water after spending a week down in South Texas with my family. I didn't hunt really hard, but I did sit my bow blind 4 or 5 times and stuck a pesky boar javelina that was running off my deer. Contrary to what my wife says, I think he'll look good in my game room with the rest of my dead animals. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner and got to spend some much needed time together. My wife, Kimberly, and my daughter, Brooke, along with my cousins, Aunt, Uncle and Dad went arrowhead hunting one day and found some near-perfect points which was really cool. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with their families.

Nov. 30th - Don James, his son D.J. and D.J.'s friend Justin picked up where we left off by grinding out limits of trout to 24 inches. It wasn't as easy as it has been, but the bite was pretty steady. We fished 3 or 4 different areas keying on flipping mullet and a few slicks over scattered shell in 5 to 7 feet of water. Limetreuse Bass Assassins and Tidal Surge Maniac Mullets were all we threw.

Dec. 1st - Kent Copeland along with Roy Valdez and his brother Joe pecked out 18 trout to 24 inches and one 17 inch flounder while drifting in a pretty stiff east wind. There wasn't much tide movement and there was more boat traffic than I've seen in awhile which didn't help our chances. None-the-less, it was a fun trip with some of my favorite clients. We threw the same baits as yesterday, but caught our fish in a little shallower water because of the warming conditions.

I've cancelled the next few days because of high winds and bad weather, so it leaves me with no choice but to head south again for awhile. It should be good with the upcoming cold front and our rut getting underway. I'll be back on the water almost everyday after that leading up to Christmas.

Happy Hunting & Fishing!
Capt. Steve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: