Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Dec. 21st & 23rd
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Dec. 21st & 23rd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Dec. 21st & 23rd Reply with quote

I only got in two fishing trips this week due to a death in our family and some bad weather from cold fronts. The fishing was decent, but certainly could have been better where we were fishing.

Minh Tran along with his kids, Chris and Megan and Minh's dad Ninh fished with me on the 21st for a half day picking up 6 trout (18 - 23 inches) and one 27 inch red. The wind was howling at about 20 mph during our trip, but showed signs of dying down when we were headed in. I dropped them off and went back out for an hour and caught 6 more trout to 24 inches and a 25 inch redfish along with some throwbacks. I only kept three trout for dinner. Bass Assassin Sea Shads in Limetreuse and Maniac Mullets were our baits of choice. The highlights of the morning were Chris and Megan doubling up on 3 lb. trout and Minh's dad catching that big red.

Dec. 23rd - Minh fished with me again, but this time he brought along two of his friends, Alan and John. It blew hard on and off, but we still managed to capitalize on some of our chances by boxing 12 nice trout to 4 lbs. A few decent fish were lost and some throwbacks were caught as well. Mud and shell in 4 to 5 feet of water was where we caught our fish. Maniac Mullets and Assassins were our baits of choice.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas this year. Remember to hug the ones you love, pray for the ones in need and be thankful for what God has blessed you with.

Merry Christmas!

Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: