Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Feb. 7th - Full Moon Bite
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Feb. 7th - Full Moon Bite

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Feb. 7th - Full Moon Bite Reply with quote

Longtime client John Dale brought along his two friends Mike and Matt for a full day of fishing. I figured it would be a little challenging because of the full moon and the back-and-forth weather and it was.

We started catching fish on our first drift, but half of them were too small. Whenever we saw mullet begin to flip we would start getting strikes. The bite was better when the wind would kick up and streak the water. The problem was that we didn't have much wind. This is the only time of year you'll hear me ask for wind. We caught 26 fish with only 12 of them making the cut. John and I also were snake-bit because we struggled to keep them on the hook. We couldn't remember the last time we lost that many fish, but with the ultra-soft bite it's easy to understand why. None-the-less, it was another fun day spent with these guys and they got to take home a good mixed bag of 6 trout, 3 nice reds and 3 solid flounder. Our fish were caught drifting over shell in 4 to 4.5 feet of water while throwing Calcasieu Brew Bass Assassin Sea Shads and Maniac Mullets.

Capt. Steve
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: