Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - June 19th - 30th - Lots of Trout & Reds!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
June 19th - 30th - Lots of Trout & Reds!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: June 19th - 30th - Lots of Trout & Reds! Reply with quote

My apologies for yet another tardy report. I've been on the water 11 out of the last 12 days and it seems like there's been something going on everyday after fishing. I had to cancel June 19th because of extremely high winds, but made every other day work despite some less than desirable conditions on some of them. We're catching most of our trout over deep shell in 8 to 11 feet of water while casting to slicks and concentrations of bait. Salt Water Assassins have been very productive on most days, but we've also had a few days where almost every fish was caught on topwaters (Skitterwalks & MirrOlure She Dogs). There are still some really healthy trout mixed in for this time of year. A lot of our trout are pushing 4 pounds and we've released several ranging from 4.5 to 6 pounds.

The redfishing has been outstanding especially when we target them. We've worked some shallow water schools as well as open water schools. Some of the reds are extremely fat with several in the slot hitting over 9 lbs. on the Boga scale. Quite a few are measuring just over-sized (28.5 - 32 inches) so we're releasing the majority of those. Salt Water Assassin Sea Shads rigged on heavy jig heads have worked the best for the reds. Slicks and mud boils have led us to them.

On a side note, I have to say that I've used a ton of different brands of rods through the years, but I've yet to see any of them out perform what I'm now using. I take all skill levels of men, women and children fishing and thier ability to feel the bites is like nothing I've ever seen not to mention how these rods hold up to a 15 pound redfish. Waterloo Rods are the best on the market in my opinion. To learn more about Waterloo you can visit them at www.waterloorods.com or give me a call and I'll be more than happy to answer all your questions. I use the HP Lite and Salinity series and have never been more impressed.

Overall I would rate trout fishing here in Galveston at about a 7 and redfishing a solid 10. Trout fishing would be closer to a "10" but we've had some weak tide days here lately and a lot of boat traffic to deal with. None-the-less, every trip has been a blast as always.

Jenny, Ashley & Tara kept a few and released some oversized reds!

Jenny's big trout!

Ashley's Biggest Redfish!

Jenny with her 27.25 inch 9.25 lb. Red!

Kathy Pierce with a 23 inch trout on a very windy day!

I got lucky and stuck this big trout on Kathy & David's trip!

Jeff, John & Tommy caught these early before having to head in at 11:30 AM!

Angela, Jenny, Blair & Brandy on Angela's bacherlorette party trip!

Angela's Big Trout!

Blair with her biggest trout of the day!

Jenny with the biggest trout of the day!

Lot's of Big Smiles!

One of my customers fishing with Capt. Jim West with his 37 inch redfish. Over 900 spots!

Long-time clients Nick, Marcus & Chuck with thier catch in this year's Annual Plumber's Local 68 Tournament!

Nick with his first place red! It was also his first redfish ever. Way to go Nick!

Garvin, Todd, Garfield & Minh with good results on June 24th!

Brian & Chris with thier limits of trout!

Brian's 30 inch redfish!

Scott & Buzzy with a nice haul on a scorching hot day!

Kent, Roy & Neal with thier limits on another hot day in June!

Robert's 26 inch trout he released!

Jon's 24 incher he turned loose!

Robert & Tony with 2 of many upper slot redfish!

Jon with a good looking red!

Tony with one of several over-sized reds released!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: