Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Sept. 10th - 13th - Lots of Trout!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Sept. 10th - 13th - Lots of Trout!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Sept. 10th - 13th - Lots of Trout! Reply with quote

I took two days off last Saturday and Sunday to do some things around the house. From what I heard I didn't miss much because of strong winds. We were back at it on Monday and the fish were more than cooperative. The pattern is showing signs of change with the cooler water temperatures (around 80 degrees), but we're also still catching some on deep shell. Some days the bite has been up shallow (4 feet or less) and some days it's been out deep (7 to 9 feet). I haven't really focused on one area in particular just hitting areas that have good fresh slicks and bait over shell. There have been plenty of birds working for about the last 5 or 6 weeks, but we're only hitting them if we can't get bit out of slicks. Bass Assassins and topwaters have both produced well depending upon the conditions. On light wind days we're catching early limits. The windy days are a struggle. The quality of trout has been impressive for this time of year with quite a few in the 23 to 26 inch class.

Sept. 10th - Great morning with Sloane, Russell and Steve. Russell is not pictured because he had to scram to work as soon as we got in.

Sept. 11th - The hard east wind was a problem for Wayne, Buzzy and Scott but they still managed to catch some decent fish.

Sept. 12th - Chris was home for a short period before his next deployment. He was joined by his dad, Eric. The bite was excellent with really quick limits. Thank you to Chris for your service in the United States Marine Corp. and all of our other fine men and women in our U.S. Armed Forces!

Sept. 13th - Shane, Adam and Clayton made two drifts to box their 30 trout before the storms hit. Adam took big fish honors with his 26 inch speck.

This red didn't stand a chance after eating two of our jigs at once!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: