Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Oct. 19th Nov. 12th
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Oct. 19th Nov. 12th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Oct. 19th Nov. 12th Reply with quote

I apologize for falling so far behind on my reports. Ive been on the water almost every day and its been tough to keep up with everything. As a reminder, I do update the Hillman Guide Service Facebook page every evening.

Catching has been very good with limits or near limits of trout on most days when the weather cooperates. A few reds and flounder have been mixed in as usual. I've had to cancel a few trips here and there because of high winds, but we're still managing to get on the water most days. Ive been fishing 4 different parts of the Galveston Bay Complex. Some areas are better than others, but the boat traffic has gotten out of control so I usually avoid those areas especially on weekends even if it means giving up a few fish. Were catching most of our fish on Salt Water Assassins especially when there is a high barometric pressure. The topwater bite has been decent when were seeing a lot of surface bait. The size of the trout has been averaging 15.5 to 21 inches with quite a few in the 3 to 4 pound range and a few weighing just over 5 pounds. The majority of our fish are coming from 2.5 to 4.5 feet of water over shell and mud depending on which part of the bay were fishing. Overall I would rank this years fall bite at about an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. It would definitely be closer to 10 if not for the excessive boat traffic.

Jeff, Brian & Chris with easy limits on Oct. 19th

Trent, Clint & Blake with a good half-day trip on Oct. 20th

Dave Pierce with his monster drum (released of course) on 10-22-12

Tom, Matt, Gerry & Brian with 35 trout on 10-23-12

Brian with his 24 inch trout!

Roy with a dreamcicle red

Triple, Neal & Roy with quick limits on 10-24-12

Chad with a beautiful red on 10-25-12

Robert with one of his own!

Chad, Robert & Eddie with limits on a windy day (10-25-12)

Elfie, Kevin, Larry & Shawna with 39 trout & a red on Oct. 29th!

6 year old Miryk with his first trout on Oct. 30th!

Alan, Jr. & son Miryk with Alan's red

Alan, Miryk & Alan with thier half-day catch!

T.C. with his 30 minute limit on Nov. 1st!

Scott & Wayne with a respectable catch on 11-2-12

Jon, Dennis, Jason & Dave avoided the Saturday crowds to catch these on 11-3-12

Steve, Russell & Gary had 30 trout and a red by 9:30 on 11-5-12

Ken, Steve & Harry with 30 trout & 3 reds on 11-6-12

Windy morning for Steve, Michael & Dave, but still good! (11-8-12)

Nov. 9th through the 12th were blown out so I went down to the ranch to do some work and fix up my bow blind. I took my good friend Hugh Hawkins and his son Haiden with me with hopes of Haiden getting a chance at a deer or a hog. He missed his pig, but shot a nice doe on the last day. I only hunted my bow blind once as this was more of a work detail trip. We saw a few good bucks (one exceptional buck) and pulled some good ones off of the game cams. It was hot and windy until the day we left to come home. The deer really weren't moving much because of the heat and wind. Not to mention, our rut doesn't usually start getting underway until the first or second week in December. It should be an above average season for us with the deer we passed up last year and the timely rainfall this past spring. I've got the fever. Here are a few pics.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: