Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - Nov. 13th – 27th - Consistent Action!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
Nov. 13th – 27th - Consistent Action!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Nov. 13th – 27th - Consistent Action! Reply with quote

Fishing around the entire Galveston Bay Complex has been very good for the past few weeks. We’ve had to make some adjustments on our choice of locations due to heavy boat traffic, but our decisions have been good ones. The pattern hasn’t deviated much from my last report. Most of our fish are coming from 2.5 to 4.5 feet of water over mud / oyster or mud / clam bottom. Salt Water Assassins in light colors have been the best producer, but we’ve also caught quite a few on topwaters between cold fronts. Some days we’ll work slicks and mullet concentrations while birds are the better option on other days. The water has been very clear in all three parts of the bay I’ve fished. Sometimes it’s too clear. A little wind causes it to streak which sure helps the bite.

Nov. 13th – Cancelled because of extremely high post-frontal winds

Nov. 14th – Clayton, Lee & Adam caught 14 nice trout and all the redfish they could handle on this beautiful fall day. Not another boat in site!

Nov. 15th – Customer cancelled at last minute

Nov. 16th – David, Luis & Ray caught their fish really quick this morning. Fished some different areas then came in at 1 PM with 30 trout to 23 inches, 2 reds and 3 flounder.

Nov. 17th – Took off to do family stuff

Nov. 18th – Alan, Noah, Chris & Minh caught 22 keeper trout and between 35 and 40 slot reds on a beautiful Sunday morning. AND…the Texans knocked off Jacksonville in overtime! Great day!

Quadruple hook-up on reds!

Nov. 19th – Sal, Sal, Sr. & Brent picked off 25 trout and plenty of reds in dead-calm conditions.

Nov. 20th – Buzzy and Scott had their limits of trout and redfish in the cooler by 9:45 then caught and released dozens more.

Nov. 21st – 25th – I headed down to South Texas with the family for Thanksgiving. Got to catch up with family members that I don’t get to see very often and did a little hunting. Brooke shot her first wild pig and got to see her first rattlesnake and her first coyote. The rattler also got to see his first shotgun. I hunted my bow blind a couple of times and stuck a small pig. We also found a few arrowheads and what appeared to be an axe. Overall, it was just what all of us needed. AND...the Texans won another close one in Detroit!

I hope everyone else had a very enjoyable Thanksgiving. I know so many folks who are struggling with chronic illnesses right now and others who have recently lost close family members. All of our prayers are needed on a daily basis. It helps. Believe me. I’ve seen God take away cancer (stage 3 in one case) from two friends here lately. It sure puts everything in perspective. Fishing and hunting are a lot of fun, but just remember how many men, women and children there are that will never get the opportunity.

Nov. 26th – Took the day off to unpack then went to the annual Christmas Tree lighting and dance performance for Brooke (my little girl).

Nov. 27th – Cold front blew in with wind gusts to 25 mph. Rescheduled trip.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: