Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - March 11th - 17th - Great Spring Break!
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
March 11th - 17th - Great Spring Break!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: March 11th - 17th - Great Spring Break! Reply with quote

I normally don't book many trips during Spring Break for a couple of reasons. The bays are usually too crowded and it's also one of the few opportunities that I get to spend time with my little girl while she's on her Spring Break. I scheduled 4 trips for the week, but only ran three of them because of the wind. I spent the rest of my week going to the rodeo, the beach and just hanging out with family and friends. While fishing, we went way off the beaten path to avoid crowds and get protection from the wind. The overall bite was above average for this time of year and the conditions. We caught trout, reds and flounder every trip with redfish taking center stage most of the time. We threw a combination of Salt Water Assassins, Chickenboy Lure paddle tails, and Corkies. We had quite a few undersized trout and reds mixed in on some days, but we also had a few big trout as well. Above all else, everyone had a blast and it was well worth the time spent on the water.

March 13th with Greg, Carter & Dawson Morby was an absolute blast. We fished during the afternoon and caught a few fish at every stop ending up with a great box of fish. We also released some over-sized reds up to 30.5 inches and Carter's big trout which weighed 5.75 lbs.

March 15th was another good day despite the windy conditions. David & Seth kept thier limits of reds along with a few trout and flounder and released 4 other big reds up to 29.5 inches. David caught a very fat trout that weighed over 5.5 pounds, but only measured 23.5 inches. Unfortunately, it swallowed the jig so we couldn't release her. Fortunately, that doesn't happen very often.

March 16th - The wind blew even harder on David and Seth's second day with me. They couldn't fish as long as the first day, but the results were about the same as their first day.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: