Hillman Guide Service :: View topic - May 22nd - 25th - Breezy Catchin'
Return to Home Page
Hillman Guide Service

>>> Fishing Reports <<<
May 22nd - 25th - Breezy Catchin'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaptSteve

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: May 22nd - 25th - Breezy Catchin' Reply with quote

The past 4 days have been a little windy, but the water is holding up in some of the areas that I've been fishing. We're drifting over shell in 5 to 7.5 feet while casting to slicks to catch our trout. Most of the trout are in the 2 to 3 pound range with quite a few over 4 pounds and a handful of fives. Bass Assassins and Tidal Surge Split Tail Mullets have been responsible for most of our fish.

May 22nd - Jay and Joe couldn't get started fishing until 8:45 AM because of storms. Then they had to fish in some pretty stiff winds and a dead tide to scrape up 11 trout to 24 inches. We had everything going against us, but still made it work.

May 23rd - Brian, Daniel and Matt grinded out 30 trout to 24 inches by 11:15.

May 24th - Long-time client Phil Dart brought his daughter, Courtney, along for her first trip. She did great catching her first trout ever along with several other ones. Phil also stuck one that really should have been released, but it was gut-hooked. We went in a little after noon with their 20 trout in the box.

May 25th - I seldom fish holiday weekends, but Minh Tran and his family had booked this trip several months ago and we didnít realize it was Memorial Day weekend at the time. We decided we would just go fishing and have a good time regardless of the results. We started catching nice trout immediately, but we were already having to wait in line by our second drift. I knew where the school was, but had to wait my turn behind the 5 or 6 other boats that came in behind me. Well, the fish arenít feeding very long and youíve got to be on them when they eat. By the time we drifted up to the school on our third time around the bite was over. We then left and went to some back lakes to catch redfish. I guess the full moon had them shut down too because we only hooked 2 reds and a few drum. All-in-all, it was a good morning given the circumstances. They ended up keeping 12 trout to 24 inches, one red and one drum. Minh released a 5 pound trout as well.

I'm taking off Sunday and Monday to chill out with family and friends and avoid the crowds. Looks like we're in for another windy week starting Tuesday.

See ya on the pond!
Capt. Steve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Hillman Guide Service Forum Index -> Hillman Guide Service Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: